Friday, November 21, 2008

Wedding in Vegas



I just got this picture in the mail the other day, from my awesome friend and college freshman roommate, Heather!! She got married in June and I was so lucky to be able to have a little weekend getaway to Vegas to be there for it! It's the first time I've traveled by myself (I've flown by myself with kids plenty of times, but never just me). It was kind of weird finding the hotel by myself, staying in a huge hotel room in a king-size bed all by myself, and the worst part was, I only brought one book to read, and I had it finished before I even left the airport Friday night! So I was kind of bored in my hotel room by myself. Oh well. I hooked up with Heather's family at the hotel, and pretty much just tagged along with them the whole weekend. It was kind of funny at first, being Heather's random friend that flew in for the wedding, tagging along at the temple. But it was so fun to be there! Heather's totally the coolest, it seems like her husband was a really great guy too.


So about the picture...it was around 10 am at the end of June, in Las Vegas, and this picture was taken after an hour of standing outside in the 100+ degree weather. I was impressed that you can't tell from the picture that we're soaked in sweat. I was laughing that when planning for a summer wedding in Vegas, you can't forget lots of cold water for everyone who has to be outside during pictures. Oh, and there was a hankerchief used specifically to keep the bride and groom sweat-free! :)

This was at Heather's reception...where I ran into Courtney, my other freshman roommate from BYU!!

1 comment:

Welsch Family said...

Melanie,

I randomly found your blog. Your family looks great. Our blog is welschfamily.blogspot.com.

Do you have an email address for Loren?

Thanks,

Nick