Friday, December 19, 2008

Forget Miss Rodeo America...

Yeah, cowgirl has been pushed to the back burner of life aspirations. I've decided I'm meant to be an Irish dancer!!! Holy cow!!!!!! I went to Lord of the Dance last night........it was the COOLEST thing ever!!! I wish I could dance like that!!! I don't know, there's just something about the style and the music that makes Irish dance so fun to watch! I love Celtic music, that probably has something to do with it.

And I owe my mom tons for getting me a ticket (THANKS MOM!). So the story is...I saw a couple of months ago that the show was coming to Boise for one night, and decided that I wanted a ticket for Christmas. And then life happened and I kind of forgot about pursuing getting a ticket. And a couple of weeks ago I realized it probably wasn't going to happen and resigned myself to it. And then just last week my mom out of the blue asked if I wanted to go, that she would get me two tickets. But unfortunately at that point, they were all sold out. Well, persistence pays off, and she managed to find a single ticket for sale on Craig's list, and she got it for me!!

Oh man, the show was so good! I didn't plan my time very well and was running late, but the traffic light gods were smiling on me. After a hasty park job in a parking garage that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to pay at (does anyone know if you are supposed to pay at that garage by the Morrison Center?), I ran all the way to my seat and made it right as the doors were shutting. I only had to crawl over 10 people in the dark and only landed on one lady's leg. Ah, but once seated, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, feet tapping, a huge grin on my face. I was practically dancing along in my seat! :) Okay, so I'm a big nerd...good thing I was there by myself so no one could make fun of me.

Here are some links to some awesome parts of the show (and whoa, Michael Flatley is AMAZING! ...unfortunately he doesn't perform in the shows anymore. But you can enjoy him on YouTube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmBHHvmrD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmdiPKmji60&feature=related (I love this song! The music is amazing!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxTTjJtXDA

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

glad you got to go! I have never been but my best friend Amanda has been in London. She thought it was AWESOME!

Amyjoy

mandbrid said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you got a chance to go...

Ticklemedana said...

um all I can think of is that friends episode: "according to chandler, what scares the bejeezus out of him? Ooh ooh I know...Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance! That is correct! The Irish Jig guy? His legs flail about as if independant from his body!"

Yeah..you may not watch friends, but I love that quote! lol...

Lisa said...

I saw the original cast for my birthday (including Michael Flatley) when we lived in Michigan. AMAZING! I love Lord of the Dance!