Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Little Angel

Elise is so cute! Well, when she's not driving me crazy with her three-year-old antics and orneriness...

I've noticed lately how sensitive she is to my mood. Sometimes, if she thinks I'm getting frustrated or upset, she'll turn to me and ask, "You happy? Happy, happy, happy!" Almost like it's a reminder, or that she knows that by saying that with her cute and happy enthusiasm, it automatically brings a smile to my face and really does make me happy. The other things she does is, if I have a little sniffle, she'll whip her head around and make sure I'm not crying. "You sad? You cryin' Mom?" I always have to reassure her with a smile that I'm not sad, but "happy, happy, happy!" And when she thinks I really am sad, she'll come over to me, give me a hug and a kiss, rub my back and say, "It's okay, Mom." Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?

Yeah, I need those moments from her...like right now, to keep me from getting too mad at her for still being awake!! Grrr...she's been in bed for at least 35 minutes, and she's still calling out for me! :)

Oh, update...an hour after she's been in bed, I go in to check on her and she tells me to go and play the piano. What? She's never asked for that before! Apparently she's a big fan of Moonlight Sonata too!

2 comments:

Ticklemedana said...

she is such a doll...how cute! and you know...my friend and I were talking the other day...philosophizing (is that really a word?) about why young children don't talk right away and it just makes you wonder just how sensitive to their surroundings they are, you know?

The Prince's said...

How cute!! She is so sweet. That right there makes me really want a girl some day. Thanks again for your help today, I really appreciate it.